Engaging Your People
Engagement + Trust = Great Performance
Leadership Development and Coaching
ILM Certified Development Programme: Leadership, Engagement and Wellbeing
Choose any 4 modules to make up each level. All modules include practical tools to prepare for the sessions and comprehensive workbooks that provide the basis for taking action afterwards.
Request information on our programme: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 6436084
- Resilience Plus
- Success Mindset for innovation and performance
- Framing for success
- Train your brain to be Confident
- Motivation: Light your Fire and Inspire Others
- Emotional Intelligence for greater effectiveness
- Working to Strengths and your Personal Audit
- Navigating your career: Take Control and prepare for promotion
- Goal setting to transform performance
- Introduction to Leadership: Why it matters.
- Leadership Styles
- Grow your Leadership Presence
- Lead from the Inside Out: Values-led Leadership
- Communicating with Influence
- Introduction to Executive Coaching
- Engaging your people
- Creating High Performance Teams
- Connecting: Forging Trust and Building communities
- Teambuilding: The Power of Positive
- Teambuilding: Embracing Diversity to build trust, strong relationships and high performance.
- Teambuilding: Impacts of Leadership Styles
- Feedback and Feedforward
Executive & Leadership 1:1 Coaching
Coaching is a process that raises awareness, clarity and focus; encourages people to take on responsibility; and reduces barriers to performance.
Executive Coaching is an efficient, high-impact process that helps high-performing people in leadership roles improve results in ways that are sustained over time.
Request information on our 1:1 coaching options: email email@example.com or call 0845 6436084
Why have a coach?
All the evidence indicates coaching works and delivers results:
- Numerous studies, such as by Gallop and McKinsey show that coaching improves employee engagement and that companies with highly engaged people have up to four times higher profitability than their competitors, higher performance, higher staff retention, higher customer satisfaction and are 60% more likely to be in the top quartile for business health. Sadly, only about 17% of employees in the UK are actively engaged and committed to their work and organisation. The rest are not engaged or actively disengaged, spreading negativity and dissent and poor performance. According to the Macleod Report, employee disengagement costs the UK economy £59-£65 billion annually in lost productivity.
- Gallop research shows that managers account for 70% of the variance in engagement. Great managers inspire high engagement, but poor managers inspire disengagement. Over 50% of employees report that they left a job to get away from their manager. A study by Manchester Inc. reported that executives who received coaching improved relationships with their direct reports (77%), immediate supervisors (71%) and peers (63%).
- Coaching drives behavioural and psychological change and is grounded in behavioural science, psychology and neuroscience. According to reports by ILM, CIPD, ICF and others, coaching improves work performance, team effectiveness, communication skills, time management skills, and much more.
- Serious elite athletes and high performers across the board, from business to music, claim they wouldn’t get where they are now were it not for having a coach. Eric Schmidt, CEO and Chairman of Google, says the best advice he ever got was “Hire a coach” (Fortune, Best Advice archive) and that he initially resented the advice – after all, he was the CEO and pretty experienced, so why would he need a coach? How could a coach advise him if he was already the best person at this? Once he realised the coach is not there to advise and be better than he is, but instead to watch, reflect and get him to be his best, and provide a different perspective, Eric hired his coach. One of the top consulting firms, EY, invests in coaching for all directors to ensure their promotion is successful and EY reaps the benefits not only in high performance but also from retaining their senior directors as the investment in coaching is a small proportion of the overall cost of recruiting and developing a senior executive.
It is not easy to be an effective leader and like any skill, it takes time and effort and needs nurturing. Yet most leaders are so busy with their daily work running the business or leading the company or their unit, getting work done and attending meetings, that there is hardly time to think of future strategy let alone honing leadership skills. Attending a training course can give you the knowledge, but most leaders find that isn’t enough to put it into action. Having a coach can help you by having regular real-time conversations to look over the horizon, improve your planning and decision making, and improve your actions and effectiveness as a leader.
Many senior leaders and CEOs say it is ‘lonely at the top’. You enjoy making decisions but also enjoy the spark of discussing ideas with others as you create your plans, yet there are few, if any, peers with whom you can have those conversations.
The benefits of working with a coach come from gaining clarity and focus to manage successfully the challenges you face at the moment. Business benefits are often measured in cost savings resulting from improved efficiency and effectiveness in leadership and management, including better delegation leading to better focus of your time on priority business areas, less micromanagement, less repetition, improved engagement, reduced staff turnover and many other benefits.
At a personal level, clients have reported benefits such as
- accelerate your career
- find the direction (for life and/or work) that’s best for you and gain clarity, focus, and peace of mind
- find your voice
- raise your leadership presence
- make better decisions and choices
- get better results
- focus on your aspirations
- communicate so others believe in you
- believe in yourself
- develop your network, champions, sponsors,
- be more strategic
- prepare to be in right place at right time with the right capabilities to achieve the changes you want
- take on relevant responsibility and notice where you can make most difference, to prepare yourself for future positions you want AND be fulfilled in what you are doing now
- negotiate your remuneration package at annual reviews
- find balance - integrate work and life in a way you feel fulfilled
- be confident
- be motivated
- minimise stress
- feel in control of your own future and life
- lead a more fulfilling life
Olympic athletes have coach because they want to be their best, not because they are not good at what they do. They are already good and they want to be great, to have support to maintain the clarity, focus, commitment, determination and courage to dream big and achieve it. You can have that too.
Did you know that even Olympic athletes claim that over 90% of their success is not down to their athletic skills and abilities, but down to their mindset? Successful people in all walks of life say the same thing. They have coaching to be in charge of their own mindset, which determines, among other things, how confident they feel, how they can stay on track in the face of distractions, how they set goals to maintain their focus and belief they can achieve ultimate success even when they don’t win one event. Aeona’s proven tools and frameworks help you to do all this.
What are your ambitions, dreams and aspirations - for yourself, for your team and for your organisation?
Are you already achieving them?
If not, do you know why not?
What is the value to you personally and to your organisation if you do achieve your ambitions?
What difference will it make?
Just like Olympic athletes, the executives and individuals who I work with are extremely capable and often know what they want to do, even if they don’t know how they will get there.
The power you will gain from engaging Sue as your coach is having a trusted partner who can
- serve as a sounding board, provide objectivity and help you come to sound decisions
- ask probing questions and debate with you,
- stimulate aha-moments and insights,
- challenge your assumptions: I bring a different set of eyes to bring you a fresh and different perspective, which can change how you view and approach your challenges, and see the potential opportunities and ways ahead
- provide the time and safe space to reflect and get out of the daily grind of activity,
- support you to face whatever obstacles and difficulties come your way and be better prepared for future challenges
- support you on your leadership journey
- and help you to stay focused and resilient in the face of enormous challenges and pressure.
Contact Aeona today to see how our programmes will benefit you.
Do your self-assessments and call today in confidence
for a no obligation chat or to arrange a strategy session.
Tel: 0845 6436 084 or +44 1875 830708
Mobile: 07809 672859
"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie
"If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be." Anonymous